Lip infection could be severe if not taken proper treatment. It can be caused by tobacco use, viral infections, wrong medication, etc. It is important to take care of lips to avoid eczema symptoms around the lips. People who found irritation on the skin should consult a dermatologist at the earliest for diagnosis and help with the identification of possible allergens. Here are certain home remedies that would help to cure lip infection-
1. Prescribed medication cream- Lip fungus mostly occurs in a person with low immunity. The people are advised to use antifungal cream for lip infection to relieve pain.
2. Cold compress- Lip infection can be painful. A cold compress is a natural remedy that could not only help in reducing pain but also helps in healing the affected area. You only need to wrap ice cubes in a soft handkerchief and apply it on the affected area. The process needs to be done twice a day to get effective results. Also, avoid using direct ice-cubes on the lip that might cause further irritation.
3. Drinking plenty of water- Drinking 7-8 glasses of water is not only important for our body but for healing infected lips. Lips are more prone to dryness if the body is dehydrated. Therefore, it is important to keep yourself properly hydrated.
4. Application of tea tree oil- Another home remedy for lip infection is the application of tea tree oil over the infected area. Tea tree oil works as an antibacterial lip ointment. It is good to avoid spreading germs.
5. Turmeric paste- Turmeric is the effective and the oldest solution adopted by various Indian families. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve pain. To help with swelling and itchiness from a lip infection, one should try turmeric paste on the affected area. The procedure for making turmeric paste is-
- Two-three teaspoons of turmeric powder,
- And add a few drops of water to make a paste and rinse off with lukewarm water
The application of this mixture will give effective results in a week.
5. Vitamin C- Lack of Vitamin C can cause lip fungus, as Vitamin C is important for a good immune system. It helps to protect your body against infection. Increase the use of Vitamin C in your diet would help to fight back against the infection.
6. Application of lip balm- Any kind of lip balm or petroleum jelly would help in treating lip infection. It would be better if lip balm contains tea tree oil, Shea butter as it will fight against the germs and keep the lips moisturized throughout the day.
Last words, Lip infection could merely be seen in a person whose immune system is a week or has a lack of deficiency of Vitamin C. These home remedies are effective if used in a prescribed manner. But if the infection is becoming worse and you do not see any result, then you should consult to the doctor at the earliest to take the prescribed cream for lip infection.