SBCGlobal email is a popular name that comes in direct competition to email services like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, and AT&T, etc. Similarly, like these fellow services, SBCGlobal isn’t error-free. From now and then, users of SBCGlobal have been reporting issues related to their SBCGlobal account. So, considering this fact in mind, today we’ve come out with this blog that contains a comprehensive solution guide to deal with one particular problem of SBCGlobal email service and i.e., the issue of ‘SBCGlobal not working on a Computer or Windows.’ Therefore, keep yourself ready to troubleshoot the below-mentioned reasons that lead to this particular issue by performing the steps of each given solution.
Reason 1: Unable to load Service with Bad Internet Connection
Solution 1: Set Internet Connection to Default Settings—
- Slow or bad internet connection can be considered as the main culprit behind why you’re facing issues with your SBC Global email account while accessing the same on your computer. Therefore, in this matter, try resetting the Internet and to do so, first press the ‘Windows Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ from its menu.
- From the Control panel, click on the ‘Internet’ option and then, click on the ‘Advanced Tab.’
- After that, select the ‘Reset’ option and press the ‘OK’ button to finally reset the internet connection of your computer.
- Along with that, you can even disconnect your current network connection from Wi-Fi and connect again with a new and strong Internet connection.
Reason 2: Blockade or Interference of SBCGlobal email server by any third party Antivirus or by Windows Firewall
Solution 2: Disable the Windows Firewall as well as Antivirus—
- The Windows Firewall and available Antivirus program on your Windows can act as a culprit behind the issue that you’re facing with your SBC Global email account as they can block or interfere with the server of your SBC Global email. So, it’s better to disable them on a temporary basis and in order to do so—
- First disable your by-default available antivirus by navigating from ‘Windows Settings’ to the ‘Update & Security’ option. From it, select the ‘Windows Security’ option and then the ‘Virus & Threat Protection’ option. Now, simply click on the ‘Turn off Real-time protection’ toggle switch to disable the Antivirus.
- Secondly, disable Windows Firewall and for that navigate from the ‘Control Panel’ option to the ‘Windows Firewall’ option. From it, click on ‘Turn off Windows Firewall’ in order to simply disable the Windows Firewall from conflicting with SBCGlobal.
Reason 3: Your Computer system is out-dated or corrupted
Solution 3: Update your Computer’s Operating System—
- This might prove to be a very effective solution as updating your Windows system will help you in optimizing the performance of your O.S. as well as all the other applications that are there on the system. So, in order to keep your system up to date, click on the ‘Windows Logo Key’ and select the ‘All Programs’ option.
- In continuation, choose the ‘Windows Update’ option and also at the same time select ‘Automatically download the Windows update’ option.
- After doing so, your Windows system will download the latest update and prompt you to follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Reason 4: Used wrong server settings for configuring SBCGlobal account in MS Outlook desktop program
Solution 4: Re-configure SBCGlobal Email account in third party email client i.e., MS Outlook—
If you have configured your SBCGlobal in MS Outlook on your computer to avoid Sbcglobal.net email web-login issues but still you’re encountering issues with your SBC Global email account then, it mainly because you’ve configured the SBC Global email in MS Outlook with wrong server settings. So, in order to re-configure your SBC Global email account in MS Outlook, choose your ‘Account Type’ as either ‘IMAP or POP’ and then, use these following server settings—
- SBCGlobal IMAP Server Settings:
- Incoming Email Server: imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming Port: 993
- Outgoing Email Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SBCGlobal POP Server Settings:
- Incoming Email Server: inbound.att.net
- Incoming Port: 995
- Outgoing Email Server: outbound.att.net
- Outgoing Port: 465
That’s all about how you can solve the ‘SBCGlobal not working on a Computer or Windows’ issue quite easily. However, if you need further assistance to deal with SBCGlobal email problems then, visit the ‘Emailspedia.com’ website.