Additional superior settings are available from the printer’s domestic page (embedded web server or EWS). For greater facts, see Embedded net server.
This phase carries the following topics:
● Set up the printer for wi-fi communique
● Change community settings
● Use HP wi-fi direct
Set up the printer for wi-fi conversation
● Before you start
● Set up the printer in your wireless community
● Change the connection type
● Test the wi-fi connection
● Turn on or off the wireless capability of the printer
NOTE: If you come across problems in HP laserjet p1102w wireless setup, see Unable to connect the printer
TIP: For greater facts about putting in and the usage of the printer wirelessly, visit the HP Wireless Printing Center.
Before you begin
Ensure the following:
● The printer isn’t always related to the community’s usage of an Ethernet cable.
● The wireless community is set up and running well.
● The printer and the computers that use the printer are in the same community (subnet). While connecting the printer, you are probably precipitated to go into the wi-fi network call (SSID) and a wireless password.
● The wi-fi network call is the name of your wireless network.
● The wi-fi password prevents other humans from connecting to your wireless community without your permission. Depending on the extent of safety required, your wi-fi community may use either a WPA passphrase or a WEP key.
If you haven’t changed the network call or the safety passkey because setting up your wi-fi community, you could sometimes locate them on the again or side of the wireless router.
If you cannot locate the community name or the safety password or cannot not forget this data, see the documentation supplied along with your laptop or with the wi-fi router. If you still cannot find this statistics, touch your community administrator or the individual that installed the wi-fi network.
Set up the printer to your wireless network
Use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer control panel show to set up wireless
NOTE: Before you proceed, undergo the list Before you begin.
1. From the printer manipulate panel, touch Setup.
2. Touch Network Setup.
3. Touch Wireless Settings.
4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
5. Follow the show instructions to complete the setup.
If you are already using the printer with a one-of-a-kind form of connection, consisting of a USB connection, comply with the commands in Change the connection kind to install the printer for your wireless community.
Change the connection type
After you’ve installed the HP printer software program and related the printer in your pc or to a network, you may use the software program to exchange the connection type (for example, from a USB connection to a wi-fi connection).
NOTE: Connecting an Ethernet cable turns off the wireless functionality of the printer.
To trade from an Ethernet connection to a Hp laserjet p1102w wireless setup (Windows)
1. Remove the Ethernet cable from the printer.
2. Run the Wireless Setup Wizard to make the wireless connection. For greater records, see Set up the printer in your wi-fi community.
Open the printer software program after the installation. For extra records, see Open the HP printer software program (Windows).
To trade from a USB connection to a wi-fi network (Windows)
Before you proceed, undergo the listing Before you start.
1. Depending on your operating machine, do one of the following:
Windows 8t.1: Click the down arrow within the decrease-left corner of the Start display screen, pick out the printer name, after which click Utilities.
Windows eight: Right-click an empty place at the Start display, click All Apps on the app bar, pick out the printer name, and then click Utilities.
Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the laptop computing device, click Start, choose All Programs, click on HP, click on the folder of your printer.
2. Click Printer Setup & Software.
3. Select Convert a USB related printer to wireless. Follow the on-display screen commands.
Learn more about how to trade from a USB to wi-fi connection. Click right here to go surfing
for greater statistics. At this time, this internet site won’t be to be had in all languages.