Often, people get confused between data analysts and business analysts. They have similar roles but there is a significant difference between the two job profiles.
You can say there is a thin line difference between the two roles. It is really tricky to visualize this difference.
We have discussed here the roles of business analyst and data analyst-
- Understanding Business Analyst
Business analysts utilize significant data to make important business decisions. Business analysts also carry out tasks such as management analysts, operations research analysts, or business data analysts.
Significant roles of business analyst-
- Sharing and communicating insights with team members and stakeholders.
- Assessing business processes for improved cost, efficiency, and other metrics.
- Citing effective suggestions for procedures, adjustments, and performance.
A good business analyst must have abilities like good communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and process improvement. They must possess a deep understanding of business objectives and processes. This will help them identify drawbacks, evaluate performances, and implement the right solution.
Business analysts must have a basic understanding of the technologies used in analytics. Although core technical skills are used by data analysts, business analysts must have a basic understanding of them.
An individual with a bachelor’s degree in business administration can apply for an entry-level business analyst.
- Understanding Data Analyst
The primary job of a data analyst is to convey promising stories with the help of data. This data and stories can be utilized to make significant business decisions.
The key responsibilities of a data analyst are-
- Accumulating and segregating data for analysis.
- Designing and maintaining databases and systems.
- Resolve troubleshooting potential issues.
Generate effective reports that clearly communicate the outcome.
A data analyst must have hands-on technical skills for data mining, and analysis. They also need good interpersonal skills to clearly communicate their report outcome to the client or management.
A data analyst must also have the power to visualize data differently than others. They have good presentation skills, SQL, and R and programming knowledge.
A bachelor’s degree in a field related to mathematics or statistics can get them an entry-level data analyst position.
- The Difference
- Data analysts and business analysts both have roles revolving around data. The main difference is how they use this data.
- Business analysts use data to provide functional specifications.
- A data analyst has the potential to derive meaning from this data.
- Business analysts possess analytical skills while data analysts possess technical skills.
- Today, you can find a lot of data consulting services that can scrutinize data with the help of business intelligence (BI).
- Reasons To Why You Should Approach An Expert?
- Specialized tools:
Experts have access to the right and a variety of analytical tools that can provide you refined data for your business. These experts are more experienced than your in-house team or any other team. They have a diverse clientele and have worked on similar projects.
They can use this experience for your business and interpret data with the utmost precision.
- Quality services:
Analytics consulting can provide you better data management, interpretation, and data storage. It gives you an upper hand to make the right business decisions. It streamlines your decision-making process.
- More power to you:
Your in-house IT team and analysts don’t have versatile experience as a specialized agency. In most scenarios, the in-house team is engrossed to troubleshoot issues.
However, the experienced agent can provide you with comprehensive services and resolve all your data-related issues. Besides, your in-house team gets an opportunity to concentrate on other concrete business requirements.
- Data security:
The outsourced agency can keep all your data confidential. They can protect your data with additional security. They can also avoid duplication of data and keep the database updated.
- What To Look For In Good Data Consulting Services?
- The services should have the ability to maintain data integrity across several databases.
- They can design effective research plans to collect and analyze data.
- Contribute in the interpretation of data analyzes.
- Based on the interpretation design a suitable plan of action.
- They can analyze, track, manage, and generate data-driven reports to guide you to make the right decision.
- Design, upgrade and maintain several databases.
- They can also guide you to create and implement data strategies.
- Build data flows and develop conceptual data modules.
- Make the most of the databases and SQL scripts with the help of physical data models.
- Trace discrepancies and variances in physical databases and analyze data models.
- Carry out data research, analysis, and logical data modeling.
Data analysts and business analysts are two integral parts of businesses. It is important to provide significant importance to both these business roles. They help you to derive the best data-driven solution for your business.
Data management is a significant task for every organization. And, hence this responsibility should be assigned to an experienced and reliable source.